Kindergarten Registration Information
Cathy Treadway, Central Registration
Donna Gulino, Guidance Counselor
Madison Local School District Kindergarten registration packets will be available beginning Monday, April 9, 2018 in the Central Registration Office at Madison Elementary School door #4 or by submitting a packet request form.
Kindergarten Registration Packets may be returned:
Monday, April 9, 2018 through Monday, April 30, 2018 anytime between 8:30am-3:00pm.
Kindergarten Eligibility: Any child whose fifth (5th) birthday is on or before August 1, 2018. Madison Local School District offers full-day kindergarten to district residents. Kindergarten is not available for open-enrollment.
To enroll a child, the parent/legal guardian must provide the following information:
1. Completed Registration Packet Available April 9, 2018 in Central Registration
2. Verification of Identity
- Valid Driver’s License/Picture ID
3. Proof of Residency
- ONE of the following depending upon your residency situation
A. If you are the Homeowner – current utility bill which includes your name/address
B. If you reside at Catalina Manufactured Home Community – school verification form which can be obtained from their main office.
C. If you are building a home within the district-signed contract/statement from the builder, which gives the location of the home and completion date. Your child will be enrolled for a period not to exceed ninety (90) days.
D. If you are renting a home/apartment –rental agreement which states your name, property address, name of landlord/address and date of rental agreement. You and the landlord must sign this agreement.
E. If you are living with someone else in the district – proof of residency from the homeowner (from one of the situations listed above, AND documentation/mail for yourself showing your name listed at that particular address. You and the homeowner must both be present to sign a notarized statement which is available in the Central Registration Office at Madison Elementary School.
4. Court Documents allocating parental rights, responsibilities or guardianship (if applicable)
- If there is a pending custody situation a student may be enrolled if the parent/legal guardian has a letter/form from an attorney/court official stating that a custody change is in process. At that time the parent/legal guardian must complete a Temporary Admission form, giving the individual sixty (60) days to supply the necessary custody papers to the superintendent’s office.
5. Birth Certificate
- Official document from the Bureau of Vital Statistics
6. Immunization Record
- Preschool students also need a Physical Form completed by the doctor. If the form is not submitted within 30 days of admission, the student will be excluded from school.
7. Social Security Card
Please be aware that you may obtain a registration packet from
Madison Elementary School's Central Registration Office
or by submitting a packet request form using the links in the menu.
Packets Available April 9, 2018
Packets Accepted April 9 - 30, 2018
For more information call Madison Central Registration at 513-420-4766