Madison Local Schools' mission is to equip and inspire students to pursue their individual purpose in life.
Madison Local Board Aspiration Statements
The following are the Madison Local School District Board of Education’s aspirations for the district. These are to guide all district work.
Madison Local Schools will
- Develop students and, in turn, graduates who will build a better society. This will require graduates to be a) future ready with multiple options to achieve their life purpose, b) creative thinkers, and 3) great leaders in their chosen pursuits.
- Deliver educational excellence focused on student success driven by high expectations, uncompromising pursuit of excellence, and front-line autonomy. The district’s innovations and learning environments, including facilities, will draw admiration from the community, students, and educators worldwide.
- Be a great employer for great educators and staff who are passionate about student success.
- Aggressively pursue a safe environment for all students and adults.
- Maximize the student success achieved with the financial resources available.
Madison Local School District is located in Butler County, Ohio, west of the city of Middletown. Most of the land area of the district is within Madison Township, and the area is primarily residential and rural. The two schools that comprise the district are Madison Elementary School (grades PreK-5), Madison Middle School (grades 6-8), and Madison High School (grades 9-12). They are located on a campus off of St. Rt. 122, along with the Madison Board of Education Administration Building and athletic fields.
The district is located one mile west of the city of Middletown, in Butler County. Primarily rural and suburban, this middle class community boasts of a very involved citizenry with numerous school, church and community groups and an excellent community sports program. The city of Middletown offers a wide variety of cultural and recreational opportunities to its residents from the Middletown YMCA, Middletown Fine Arts Center, Miami University Branch Campus, Cincinnati State Middletown Campus, Summer Youth Theatre and other youth-oriented arts opportunities. Additionally there are several hundred acres of parkland, a variety of organized sports for all ages, a beautiful municipal golf course, two country clubs and two state parks within a 30-minute drive. In addition, residents have ready access to all of the cultural, recreational and educational attractions of Cincinnati and Dayton, both of which are within a twenty-five minute drive. Also located nearby are the cities of Hamilton, Oxford and Lebanon.
The School District
Strong community involvement results in high expectations for the Madison Local School District. The district's 1500+ students are served by approximately 100 teachers, 8 administrators and support staff in one connected building including the Madison Elementary School and Madison Jr/Sr High School.