Part Time Summer Maintenance Worker
Part Time Summer Maintenance Worker performs a variety of manual labor jobs with varying degree of skill needed to assist with the maintenance of school grounds, equipment, and facilities. This position is part-time. Pay Rate $10.00 per hour
Major Duties/Specific Tasks
- Mow grass using a variety of equipment which may include push mowers, tractors and/or specialized lawn equipment.
- Perform various landscape maintenance to include weeding, mulching edging and raking.
- Operate small engine equipment such as chain saws, backpack blowers and line trimmers.
- Establish plant beds, plant flowers, bulbs, shrubs, and trees, and maintain planted areas.
- Pick up litter and debris.
- Perform facility maintenance such as repairing and staining picnic tables, installing and repairing fences, replacing light bulbs, and preparing for special events.
- Clean & organize maintenance shop.
- Clean outdoor restroom.
- Sharpen or replace worn blades on mowers; replace string on line trimmers; sharpen or replace worn chain saw chains.
- Prepare and load equipment & tools for use and/or to transport.
- Perform manual labor and related work as required.
- Assists with public relations by handling visitor inquiries, and providing information and assistance.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and in-service training.
- Reports unsafe conditions to the Madison Facilities Director.
- Carries out additional duties as assigned
- Minimum age of 17 years.
- Ability to operate small engine equipment properly and safely.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with the public.
- Strength and dexterity necessary to perform all required tasks, including lifting, stooping, bending, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor in a variety of weather conditions.
- Availability to work a variable work schedule, which may include early and late hours, and weekends and holidays.
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions.
- Possession of or ability to obtain valid driver’s license, must maintain safe driving record.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screening.
All resumes must be sent to Ed Dulle, Facilities Director, Madison Local Schools, 1324 Middletown Eaton Road, Middletown, OH 45042